sábado, 6 de octubre de 2012

Men Homemade Gift Ideas

Continuing my fascination with finding great homemade gift ideas. I decided to find the perfect gift for the men in my life.

Men are so hard to shop for, I usually find myself undecided between the latest in electronics or some clothing item that I think would be a great addition to their wardrobe and its usually not! Plus, have you ever noticed how much more expensive it is to shop for men than women?

This is how I came across this great website www.simplicity.com and found a free unisex pijama pant pattern, which became the perfect birthday gift.

With this in mind, I went fabric shopping, and found some nice lightweight flannel and chequered cotton. I was really excited about this project, particularly because living in Guatemala, there are not many places where you can find nice pijama pants, not to mention they are fairly expensive.

So, I printed out my pattern, and then assembled it like a puzzle. It was fun and easy. I initially cut out the Large pattern considering my birthday boy measurements. The instructions were easy to follow and the first pair took me about an hour and a half to make. It came out a tid big. Thank goodness baggy pijama pants are not a bad sleeping option. So I let them be, and cut out the medium pattern for the second pair. These came out perfect! and I was able to make them in under an hour.

I finished up my present by personalizing tshirts with Avery t-shirt transfer paper for inkjet printers. This is an amazing product. It washes well, and its fun and easy to use for adults and children! (with adult supervision ofcourse).

It was a wonderful surprise for my birthday boy. Personal yet useful and I didn´t break the bank.

xoxo, Caro


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario