jueves, 4 de octubre de 2012

Home Made Gifts

Starting a company is a huge slump on your budget. So, this year I decided to make my own gifts for birthdays and Christmas. Fortunate for me, this has become highly popular, and there are many free ideas on the internet and magazines that you can make or use as inspiration!

I must begin then, in August, because that is the month when my family and loved ones birthdays begin piling up.

So, it is a perfect opportunity for me to try new ideas I’ve been meaning to make. My sister in law loves yoga! Good for her, don’t we all need an exercise we love to do. So I decided to try the Amy Butler Nigella Yoga Mat carrier pattern. I was very excited to try this. I personally bought some polyester blend fabric, because it’s a little stiffer and a bit more stain resistant than cotton. I made it all with the same fabric. It would have looked nice with a different fabric lining, but considering it was the first time I was making this pattern I decided to make my life simple and just go for one fabric.

I printed out the instructions and must say , they were fairly easy to follow. Except for the finshing touches at the end, I improvised a bit, but it still came out pretty ! My sister in law loved it. Especially because I had taken my time to make her something that was important to her.That is what I love about home made gifts, and that is my definition of gift giving. Looking into the likes of the other person and making them a gift they love.

The yoga carrier turned out to be  a practical way to carry your yoga mat and even to store in your car, given you can cross hang it on the back side of your car seat.  Thank you Amy Butler for your free patterns! www.amybutlerdesign.com
 
 
xoxo,

Caro



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario