sábado, 13 de octubre de 2012

Masculine Flower Arrangements

I love entertaining. At parties, I am the guest that appreciates if you went the extra mile to make your guests feel welcomed. So, when I entertain I try to do the same.

Last friday, we were hosting a small party for close friends. We were celebrating the birthday of one of the most important men in my life. I started looking for masculine centerpiece ideas.

Coincidentally, I've been meaning to make a terrarium for myself for awhile, so inspired with this idea, I came up with an easy succulent arrangement that took me not more than 10 minutes. To my surprise it came out lovely and with the earthy feel I was going for.


I bought some wooden plant containers at a local hardware store, and filled them up with scrunched up newspaper at different heights. I introduced my succulent pots, and covered them with moss. For the newspaper not to show through the dents I filled them with more moss. By adding a few river stones, I gave it that masculine touch, plus my kids had a lot of fun helping me place the stones.

Not only where they a piece to talk about, but now I have all the succulents I need to make my terrarium. Here are some pretty terrariums I am looking into for inspiration on creating my own.

7″x6″ cylinder vase with a Haworthia fasciata splendens, a Pachyveria opalina, a tiny Aloe variegata “Pheasant Breast Aloe” and a manzanita branch

Succulent terrariums



http://floralverde.com/blog/?p=479



http://littlethings-online.blogspot.com/2011/05/succulent-terrarium.html




http://designstudiob.blogspot.com/2010/12/invasion-of-succulent-terrariums.html

Hope you were inspired!!

xoxo,

Caro



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario