jueves, 22 de noviembre de 2012

Remote Control Storage Ideas

One of the reasons I love doing the weekly craft segment in Canal Antigua, is because it challenges my creativity. Although we are in our liberty to choose our weekly craft, the show's producer always sends us the show's theme for the day. This week it was "Television". So, with this in mind, I set out on my weekly quest to my favorite home store, Cemaco.

As I browsed the isles, one by one, I found myslef inspired by the PVC connector pipes. Given now a days the industrial look is quite in fashion, I decided the quirky shape of the PVC pipe would make a modern and practical remote control holder. Now, my challenge was to beautify it.

All my recent crafting has brought out in my husband a creative side I hadn't seen before. So, in my excitement of creating a remote control holder with the PVC pipe I had just obtained, he gave me a simple idea on how to allow it to stand straight on a table. Following his advice, I super glued two small sticks, which I cut to fit the length of the PVC pipe, and allowed them to dry over night.


Next morning I sanded my PVC pipe with a fine sanding sponge, and later spray painted it with Krylon fusion aerosol paint for plastic. I chose yellow because it is, in my opinion, a happy color, but you could easily use any other color or metallic. The finished product was modern looking, inexpensive and fun!

Hope you were inspired!
xoxo, Caro

1 comentario:

  1. Our companys products are PVC pipes, PVC riser pipes, PPR pipes, PEX Pipes, PPRC Pipes, PVC column pipes, PVC plumbing pipes, UPVC pipes, & Water Storage Tanks and All type of pipes fitting, Supplier, Wholesalers, exporters & manufacturers in India.Trimurti Industry specialized in PVC Pipes, PPR pipes,PVC Pipes Supplier, Wholesalers, exporters & manufacturers in India.
    for more detail please visit
    http://www.trimurtipipes.com

    ResponderEliminar