martes, 20 de noviembre de 2012

Cinnamon Candles

I love November weather in Guatemala. Skies are blue and sunny and the air is dry and chilly. It starts to feel like Christmas, and so, I begin to prepare my house for the most cozy month of the year.

Christmas in my home is about bringing family together. I've always thought the kitchen is a home's soul. This is why November and December I pull out my apron from the drawer its been hiding in, and practice my culinary skills. So, while preparing my favorite apple pie, I was inspired.

I love the smell of cinnamon, it reminds me of Christmas. So, with this in mind, I decided to try covering some inexpensive candles with cinnamon sticks. Turned out to be a very simple, inexpensive and beautiful project.


First I wrapped my candles with a strip of mesh, this way I would be able to paste the cinnamon sticks to my candle with the help of my glue gun. Then,  I carefully glued the cinammon sticks to my candle. To enhance the smell I trimmed the top edge of my cinnamon sticks with scissors. Done!
I will use these candles as part of my Christmas mantle decor. It was easy to make the six of them under an hour. This could also be a lovely gift idea as a set of three!

 
Hope you were inspired!!
 
xoxo, Carolina
 
 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario